Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page documents the (somewhat abridged) history of the server.
(NOTE: This list is incomplete, some information might be missing from this timeline!)
2019 - The First Wave
- May 27: hyperdefined launches the server around 5PM EST on version 1.12.2, and advertises it on other major anarchy servers as a lag free alternative.
- May 28: Members of Two for One open the End and kill the Ender Dragon for the first time. Simultaneously, BJs4Lapis betrays the group, killing a few players with the Oath Breaker and griefing the base. Two for One is then abandoned.
- May 29: The Citadel is founded by Blaze_Warfare and former members of Two for One.
- May 30: A swarm of over fifty withers appear in the Nether, destroying many of the newly built highways and creating a massive crater at 0,0. Blaze_Warfare is later revealed to be responsible for this.
- The server hits a record total of 37 players online at the same time. This record has yet to be broken.
- May 31: _HervisDaubeny finds the ruins of Two for One and starts repairing them.
- June 1: BJs4Lapis discovers the coordinates of the Citadel, and Blaze_Warfare destroys the base with withers to prevent it from being griefed by others.
- June 3: The Field of Food project is founded by Xenara and _HervisDaubeny. Several other players join and contribute resources.
- The Valley of Demeter is founded by Blaze_Warfare. Nearby, Kyratov is founded by _Nukaa, weedsniff, and exoh42 and becomes a prolific hub for building and roleplaying.
- Natus Pacem, a group originally created on AMC, joins the server.
- Conga0 and Element_83 grief the nearly-renovated Two for One.
- Planet Paradise is founded by Conga0 and Rennims.
- roflcopters270 assembles the Gold Star Legion.
- June 4: As the sheer number of withers in the Nether continues to cause extreme TPS drops, several players join up to purge them to a more reasonable level.
- June 7: The Field of Food is griefed by __Payne__ and U_Bot. As a result, Xenara creates a second Field of Food with some of the old members.
- June 8: The second Field of Food is griefed through unknown circumstances (although it is possible that Zzaclipse was partially responsible). portego, Viizen, and ByteKing burn the remains in a show of honor.
- June 20: 1k1k is founded by Blaze_Warfare and quickly grows to become the largest group base ever created on DMC.
- June 22: By this point, 1k1k is completely abandoned after two separate griefing incidents by TheJoyofGambling and ExtinctAJ.
- June 25: After tensions escalate between the Valley of Demeter and Kyratov, both bases are abandoned. Blaze_Warfare goes on to found Ground Zero after leaving the Valley.
- July 2: StephenatorFTW joins the server and becomes an instant meme.
- July 3: The members of Ground Zero return to Kyratov and start to rebuild and expand it.
- July 7: Penguin_Mann griefs Ground Zero as revenge for past grievances. Phoenix Keep is the only structure to remain standing.
- August 6: Fargendo starts to build the Lava Machine at spawn, but is forced to abandon it before completion due to lag issues.
- October 19: The first Field of Food starts to be renovated by SirSpaceCow, exoh42, _Nukaa, Sepsis, and Fargendo.
- November 14: After several rounds of testing, the server is updated to version 1.14.4.
- November 17: Port Deadwood is founded by Fargendo, Diplotomodon, OptimalArchitect, exoh42, and hyperdefined.
- November 28: The first Field of Food is griefed again, this time beyond repair.
- December 13: Server is updated to 1.15.
- December 22: Server is updated to 1.15.1.
2019 - The First Wave
- January 25: Server is updated to 1.15.2.
- December 26: Port Deadwood's coordinates are leaked and the base is griefed.